|Subject||Guiding Questions||Your Responses|
|Define the situation or problem||
|| 1. Pet overpopulation affects the community by making it difficult for shelters to accommodate the number of pets that there are because of the cost.
2. They agree that pet overpopulation is a problem that has gotten out of hand in our community… especially my mom.
|Construct a circular-flow diagram that incorporates effects of your chosen issue on economic products and various sectors of the economy.||
|| 1. It causes problems because stray pets wander onto highways and onto property causing damage to cars and private residences.
2. People lose business when there are stray, mangy animals walking around on their property. No one likes that.
3. It affects the government because the government supplies funding and equipment for local shelters to take stray dogs in. Because there are so many of them, the government can’t afford to care for all the animals. “Four million cats and dogs—about one every eight seconds—are put down in U.S. shelters each year.” -Humane Society of the USA
4. If affects the rest of the world especially in smaller countries that can’t afford to care for the strays by causing an economic burden because of the cost of caring/euthanizing the animals.
5. This issue causes shortages of space and money in shelters, not allowing them to perform normal services to regular animals because of the over population of the shelters.